Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Focus Priority, part of Nikon D7000 Essential Training.
The first two settings in the Autofocus category, AF-C priority selection and…AF-S priority selection can help you possibly shoot fewer out of focus photos.…When I'm in AF-C focus mode, that is Continuous-servo focus mode, if I switch…this custom setting from Release to Focus, then I will not be able to take a…picture until I have had focus lock confirmed.…So with it set this way, it will simply be impossible for me to mash the button…down at anytime, you take a picture I will only be able to take a picture when…the camera has achieved focus.…
By default it's set on Release.…That means shutter release, meaning that it will shoot when the shutter button is pressed.…This is the same function for AF-S single servo autofocus.…So Servo focus as you'll recall are the focus tracking modes that the camera…has, so these are ways of controlling whether you want to be able to take a…picture at any time or only when you have got focus.…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 11s
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Using the Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Modes
15. Using Custom Settings
16. Retouching Images
17. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.