Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Flash in Auto mode, part of Canon 60D Essential Training.
When you shoot in Auto mode your camera will automatically determine if…the flash is needed.…When you half-press the Shutter button to auto-focus in meter, if your camera…decides that there is not enough light in the scene to get a good handheld shot,…that is, if it decides that shutter speed will go too low for stable handheld…shooting, then the camera will automatically pop up the flash and charge it up.…That popping up is going to happen as soon as I half-press the Shutter button,…if the camera thinks that the flash is necessary.…So here I am half-pressing the Shutter button to focus in meter, and there goes the flash.…
It pops right up and I still get my normal metering, metering readouts,…and focus confirmation.…So the camera has decided that it needs to flash.…It's automatically deployed the flash ,and there's really nothing I can do about that.…If I push the flash back down and try again, it's just going to pop up again.…Something to know is that this may even happen in bright daylight, because the…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Canon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 28s
6. Using Drive Mode and the Self-Timer
7. Using Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Functions
15. Using Custom Functions
16. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.