Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Firmware updates, part of Canon 60D Essential Training.
Your camera is a piece of hardware, of course, and it comes with editing…software that you install on your computer.…Somewhere between the hardware and software is firmware: software that runs on…the computer inside your hardware.…The firmware in your camera is what controls all of the cameras functions and…operations, and occasionally, Cannon will update that firmware.…The firmware in your camera is what controls all of the cameras' functions and…operations, and occasionally Canon will update that firmware, and you can…download firmware updates from their Web site.…
Before you do that, you need to know what version of the firmware you're running…in your camera. And if you go into the menuing system, you can find that over…here in the third tools menu, just right down at the bottom, it tells you this…camera is currently running Firmware version 1.1.0, so if you go to their…Web site and find something newer than that, you know that you need to update.…To find out if there's a newer firmware version, go to www.canonusa.com, and…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Canon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 28s
6. Using Drive Mode and the Self-Timer
7. Using Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Functions
15. Using Custom Functions
16. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.