Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Firmware updates, part of Canon Rebel T3i (600D and Kiss X5) Essential Training.
All right, your camera is a piece of hardware of course and it comes with editing…software that you install on your computer, but somewhere between hardware and…software is firmware.…Software that runs on the computer inside your hardware.…The firmware in your camera is what controls all of the cameras functions and…operations and occasionally Canon will update that firmware.…Before I can find out if there's a newer version of the firmware, I need to know…what my current version is and that's very easy to figure out I just hit the…menu button and go over here to the third tools menu and the last item in the…menu is simply a display of my firmware version.…
This particular camera is running Firmware Version 1.0.0.To find out if there's…a newer firmware version for your camera go to www.canonusa.com and click on…Consumer & Home Office on the top toolbar then click on Cameras and then Digital…SLR Cameras, click on EOS Rebel T3i 18 to 55 millimeter IS II Kit and then…finally Drivers & Software.…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Will the lessons in this course work with the Canon T3 too?
A: The main differences between the Canon T3i and the T3 are some video capabilities. Other than that, and some minor menu differences, you should be able to use the lessons in this course with the T3 with no issues.
1. Getting to Know Your Canon Digital SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
6. Using Drive Mode and the Self-Timer
7. Using the Exposure Control Options
8. Using More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
What is a scene mode?1m 8s
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Functions
15. Caring for Your Camera
Firmware updates1m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.