Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video File number sequence, part of Nikon D5100 Essential Training.
Your camera numbers images that you shoot in sequential order.…You can change whether you want it to restart the numbering of those files every…time you insert a new card.…When you combine this feature with the ability to create and manage folders, you…have a way to keep your images organized as you shoot.…To configure the file-numbering options on the 5100, I go into my menuing…system, to Custom Settings menu, Shooting display, down to the third option,…File number sequence. By default this is off. That means that anytime I create a new…folder, format a memory card, put in a new memory card, file numbering always goes back to one.…
If I turn it on then anytime any of those things happen--new folder, format…a media card, new media card--file numbering simply picks up from where it left off before.…File numbering goes up to 9999 and then rolls over back to 1.…If I've had file numbering off and I want to pick up numbering so that I get…sequential images at the end of some images that I've already got,…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon Digital SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Understanding Exposure Control Options
8. Learning More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Controls
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Settings
15. Retouching Images
16. Taking Care of Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.