There will be times when you will want to shoot multiple frames with different…compositions but use the same exposure settings for all of them.…Panoramas are the most common situation where you will encounter this problem.…The Exposure Lock control lets you meter a scene, then lock that exposure in as…you take multiple shots.…This is the Exposure Lock button on the 5100;…it's also a focus lock. Using it is very simple.…I half-press the shutter button to meter and focus and then press and hold the…Exposure Lock button.…
That will keep my exposure from changing as I move the camera around.…Now inside the viewfinder I will see a little AEL light light up to remind me…that exposure is locked.…With exposure locked, when I'm in Program mode, I can still use my Flexible…Program control so I can still use the dial to change the reciprocal…exposure combinations.…If I'm in Shutter Priority mode, I can still change shutter speed.…If I'm an Aperture Priority mode, I can still change aperture.…So it's locking the exposure; it's not necessarily locking a specific values that…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon Digital SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Understanding Exposure Control Options
8. Learning More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Controls
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Settings
15. Retouching Images
16. Taking Care of Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.