Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Exposure control, part of Canon 60D Essential Training.
You have a couple of different exposure control options when you're shooting video.…By default you're in an Auto Exposure mode, so when you focus and meter the…camera comes up with an exposure, just as it would when you're shooting a still.…And you can see here that my exposure looks a little dark, so I'm going to use my…exposure compensation control, just as I always would, to brighten the image.…Now, here I am at three stops of overexposure, and you can see that it's…brightened up quite a bit.…In Video mode, I can actually just keep going. I can go to four; I can go all the…way up to five stops of exposure compensation, so you can try and brighten or…darken your image that way.…
If you think it's too bright, you can put in some negative exposure compensation.…Notice that it's making a lot of these changes through ISO.…One of the great things about shooting video with your 60D is you can take…advantage of its incredible low light ability. You can manually set your ISO…just as you would when shooting stills, and be able to shoot video in…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Canon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 28s
6. Using Drive Mode and the Self-Timer
7. Using Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Functions
15. Using Custom Functions
16. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.