Exposure compensation is one of the most powerful exposure controls on your camera.…As such, it may very well become one of the most often used controls on your camera.…With it, you can easily handle back-lighting situations.…You can control tonality.…You can calm down overexposed highlights.…To sum up, exposure compensation lets you adjust the camera's exposure up or…down in fractional or whole-stop increments.…This is the exposure compensation button right here.…Notice it's just behind the shutter button, so you can very easily reach back…here without taking your eye off the viewfinder.…
So to dial in exposure compensation, I press and hold the button and turn my…main dial here. And to the left is positive exposure compensation.…It shows me to readout here on this little thermometer gauge, but it also gives…me an actual numeric readout right here, so I can see that I have dialed in +1…stop of exposure compensation.…Each one of these little tick marks is a third of the stop, so that's…+1/3rd, +2/3rd, +1 stop.…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon Digital SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Understanding Exposure Control Options
8. Learning More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Controls
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Settings
15. Retouching Images
16. Taking Care of Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.