If you've ever had an older digital, camera particularly an older point-and-shoot…camera, you might have found yourself frustrated by shutter lag.…This is the delay that can happen between the time when you finally push the…button down all the way and when the camera takes the picture.…Fortunately, your 5100 has practically no discernible shutter lag.…Yes, you have to half-press to meter and focus, but when you finally push…the button the rest of the way, the camera will take the picture almost instantaneously.…If you want though, you can intentionally introduce some shutter lag using a custom function.…If I go here into the Shooting display group of my Custom Settings menu and down…here to Exposure delay mode, I can turn this on, and now there will be a one-…second delay between when I press the button and when I actually take a picture.…
This is obviously not like the self-timer. One second doesn't mind me much, but…it's enough that when I take my hand off the camera, any remaining vibration can…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon Digital SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Understanding Exposure Control Options
8. Learning More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Controls
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Settings
15. Retouching Images
16. Taking Care of Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.