Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Easy exposure compensation, part of Nikon D7000 Essential Training.
By now, you've probably discovered that exposure compensation is a critical…feature that you use everyday and you know that to get exposure compensation you…press and hold the Exposure Compensation button while turning the main dial.…However, you can configure the camera so that you can activate exposure…compensation in a different way.…If I go into my Custom settings menu to the b category and go down to the…Easy exposure compensation, by default it set to Off, that the cameras normal behavior.…If I set it to On Auto reset, then turning the Subcommand dial, after I've…metered will automatically dial in Exposure Compensation.…
Now as you probably noticed when I turn the Subcommand dial, I don't see…anything in this display other than just a notification that there is exposure…compensation but inside my viewfinder I get my normal Exposure Compensation…display so I can see how much I've dialed in.…Now, the meter just timed out.…That means that my Exposure Compensation has reset to zero that's because this…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 11s
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Using the Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Modes
15. Using Custom Settings
16. Retouching Images
17. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.