Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Custom menu, part of Canon 60D Essential Training.
By now you've probably discovered that there are a lot of menu options that you…use regularly, but which are scattered throughout lots of different menus.…So for example, maybe you're regularly changing Quality, maybe you're regularly…setting Auto Exposure Bracketing, because you like to shoot HDR.…You're probably very regularly coming to the Format command to erase your card, and…those are spread across three different menus.…But way over here on the right-hand side, I have My Menu.…This is a custom menu that appears in all of the creative zone modes, and I can…populate this menu with anything I want.…
Here's how it works.…I select My Menu settings, and this first command, Register to My Menu, lets me…pick commands to go into the menu.…This is a long scrolling list of every menu command the camera has, so I'm…going to pick Quality.…And it asks me, Register in My Menu the command Quality;…I'm going to say OK.…And that one is in there, and now I can just keep going.…So I'm going to scroll around, there's Auto Exposure Bracketing; I'm going to…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Canon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 28s
6. Using Drive Mode and the Self-Timer
7. Using Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Functions
15. Using Custom Functions
16. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.