Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Creative Auto mode, part of Canon 60D Essential Training.
If you are up on your exposure theory, then you know already that shutter…speed is used to control motion stopping in your image while aperture is used…to control Depth of Field, and both together are used to govern how light or…dark your image is.…If you are new to photography, then you may still be a little fuzzy about which…parameter does what and how to control them, even though you understand the…creative possibilities of Motion Control and Depth of Field.…Creative Auto mode is a variation of your camera's Auto mode that provides you…with a less technical interface for deciding how much Depth of Field you want…and what kind of color treatment you want on your image.…
It also gives you a different way of choosing Drive mode and Flash options.…Creative Auto mode is this mode over here that says CA on it.…Not much changes on the outside of the camera when I switch to Creative Auto mode.…To get to its features, I have to press the Q button here, and when I do that, I…get this completely different interface.…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Canon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 28s
6. Using Drive Mode and the Self-Timer
7. Using Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Functions
15. Using Custom Functions
16. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.