Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring and activating video, part of Nikon D7000 Essential Training.
In addition to stills, your camera can shoot video.…Digital SLRs are actually extremely capable video cameras, but there are a few…things to know about how they differ from dedicated video cameras and from…point-and-shoot cameras that have a video mode.…You should already have a comfortable understanding of depth of field.…If you don't, check out Foundations of Photography: Exposure.…One of the factors that controls depth of field in an image is sensor size.…When you have a bigger sensor, it's possible to shoot much shallower depth of field.…Your SLR has a much bigger sensor than what you'll find in almost any video…camera or a point-and-shoot camera, which means you have the capability to shoot…video with very shallow depth of field when you use your SLR.…
This affords you far more creative options and lets you shoot video that can…have a much more film like look than what you'll shoot with a dedicated video…camera or a point-and-shoot camera.…Of course, your SLR also scores over a dedicated video camera.…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 11s
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Using the Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Modes
15. Using Custom Settings
16. Retouching Images
17. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.