One of the great advantages of digital cameras over film is that you can change…the ISO from shot to shot with your digital camera.…As you increase ISO, you can use faster shutter speeds and smaller apertures.…You'll most often increase ISO when light levels drop low enough that your…shutter speeds go too low for handheld shooting.…But you might also increase ISO if you want to use smaller apertures to capture…deeper depth of field.…If you're not clear on when and how to effectively use ISO, check out my…Foundations of Photography: Exposure course.…
Changing the ISO on the 60D is very easy.…All I do is go here to the ISO button, press it, and turn the main Dial.…I don't have to hold down ISO while I'm pressing it.…I just put it in basically ISO changing mode, and then I can turn the Dial.…This will time out if I just let go, and eventually you'll see the display is…just going to go back to its normal kind of idling display, but it did take my change.…Also I can then take the change by coming here and then half-pressing…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Canon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 28s
6. Using Drive Mode and the Self-Timer
7. Using Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Functions
15. Using Custom Functions
16. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.