Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Camera and sensor cleaning, part of Nikon D7000 Essential Training.
Basic maintenance of your camera is pretty intuitive.…Don't drop it, don't bang it into things.…If you want to clean it, use a dry cloth.…If you're going to store the camera for a while, be sure to take the battery out of it.…You've already seen how the camera cleans its own sensor, but there are some…other built-in sensor cleaning options.…If you end up with some dust on your sensor, which you will see a spot in your…image, then it's safe to assume that the built-in sensor cleaning that activated…when you turned the camera on, didn't work.…That doesn't mean that it still can't solve your problem if you just maybe run…it again or even a couple more times.…
If I go here to my Tools menu and come down here to Clean image sensor, I can…hit the OK button on Clean now and it will go through its shaking mechanism…again to try and clean my sensor.…If I want, I can configure this startup and shut down cleaning.…I can tell it to clean at startup or at shutdown or both, or I can turn that off altogether.…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 11s
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Using the Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Modes
15. Using Custom Settings
16. Retouching Images
17. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.