Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Camera and sensor cleaning, part of Canon 60D Essential Training.
Basic maintenance of your camera is pretty intuitive. Don't drop it;…don't bang it in to things.…If you want to clean it, use a dry cloth.…If you are going to store the camera for a while, be sure to take the battery out of it.…You've already seen how the camera cleans its own sensor, but there are some…other built-in sensor cleaning options.…In the Sensor cleaning command, in the second tools menu, you get a few…different options here.…First of all, Auto cleaning.…This is the whether the camera cleans its sensor when you turn it on and off feature.…
I can just enable or disable that.…By default it's enabled, and I recommend that you leave it there, because it does…a good job of cleaning things.…Nevertheless, if you do find that you're seeing some spots in your image, and…you want the camera to shake itself off, or give it a try to shake itself off hit Clean now.…When I do that it asks me to confirm.…I say OK, and it goes through its sensor cleaning scheme there, and you will…hear it doing some things.…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Canon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 28s
6. Using Drive Mode and the Self-Timer
7. Using Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Functions
15. Using Custom Functions
16. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.