Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Camera and sensor cleaning, part of Canon Rebel T3i (600D and Kiss X5) Essential Training.
Basic maintenance of your camera is pretty intuitive, don't drop it, and don't…bang it in to things.…If you want to clean it, use a dry cloth.…If you're going to store the camera for a while, be sure to take the battery out of it.…You've already seen how the camera cleans its own sensor, but there are some…other built-in sensor cleaning options.…If I go here into the menu system, over here in the second tools menu down near…the bottom I have Sensor cleaning.…I'm going to open that up and you see I have three options.…By default, I'm set for Auto cleaning.…
This means whenever the camera is turned on and off it automatically cleans its sensor.…But if I'm shooting and I see some dust in my image playback, I can come in here…and hit the Clean Now button that will just tell it to go ahead and shake its…sensor real good, and then you can take another shot and see if it worked.…If none of that works then you're going to want to look into cleaning manually…which you do with this option right here.…The camera's built-in cleaning is very effective, but there will be times when…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Will the lessons in this course work with the Canon T3 too?
A: The main differences between the Canon T3i and the T3 are some video capabilities. Other than that, and some minor menu differences, you should be able to use the lessons in this course with the T3 with no issues.
1. Getting to Know Your Canon Digital SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
6. Using Drive Mode and the Self-Timer
7. Using the Exposure Control Options
8. Using More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
What is a scene mode?1m 8s
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Functions
15. Caring for Your Camera
Firmware updates1m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.