When you shoot at a short focal length, either because you've zoomed your lens…out to its widest angle or because you're using a prime lens with a short focal…length, either way, you run the risk of distortion.…A distorted image looks like its bulging or being pinched in the middle.…Your camera has an Auto Distortion Control feature that attempts to process the…image in a way that will compensate for this distortion.…To activate Auto Distortion Control, go into your menu.…It's in the Shooting menu, and it's right down here.…By default, it's set to Off; just come in here and turn it on.…
You don't necessarily want to leave it on all the time because there might be…times when you don't want it performing these transformations on your image:…maybe you'd like a little distortion, maybe you feel like it's doing too much…correction and that's confusing the geometry in your scene.…But if you do have a wide-angle lens, you're going to want to experiment with…Auto Distortion Control and see how you like the results.…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon Digital SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Understanding Exposure Control Options
8. Learning More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Controls
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Settings
15. Retouching Images
16. Taking Care of Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.