Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video The Auto Distortion control, part of Nikon D7000 Essential Training.
When you shoot at a short focal length, either because you have zoomed your lens…out to its widest angle or because you are using a prime lens with a short focal…length, either way, you run the risk of distortion.…A distorted image looks like it's bulging or being pinched in the middle.…Your camera has an Auto Distortion Control feature that attempts to process the…image in a way that will compensate for this distortion.…To activate Auto Distortion control, go into your menu, into the Shooting menu…and scroll down until you find the Auto Distortion Control, you can simply turn that On.…
You might not want to leave it On all of the time, because the camera is…manipulating your image and you may decide that sometimes it's manipulating it…too much or there are times when you want a little distortion.…If you are working with a really wide -angle lens though, you are going to…want to turn this On and check out the results and see if you think it's improving things.…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 11s
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Using the Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Modes
15. Using Custom Settings
16. Retouching Images
17. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.