Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Attaching a lens to your camera, part of Canon 60D Essential Training.
One of the great advantages of an SLR, of course, is that you can take the lens…off and put on a different lens. Even if you don't have multiple lenses, there…is still some point where you've got to get the lens that came with your…camera onto the camera.…Knowing how to change lenses quickly and easily is a good skill to have. As you…get more lenses, you're going to want to be work quickly to get one off and the…other on, so that you don't miss a shot.…But also because once you open the camera up, then you're exposing the Sensor to…dust and that can mess up your images.…So, your camera should have come with a body cap on it.…This just screws off.…
This is not something you want to throw away. You're going to keep this, because…if you ever need to take the lens off the camera to pack the camera for travel…or something, you're going to want to put the body cap back on.…Your lens also has a cap on the camera end and that just screws off, and to keep…from losing both of these things you can screw them together, which means now…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Canon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 28s
6. Using Drive Mode and the Self-Timer
7. Using Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Functions
15. Using Custom Functions
16. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.