One of the great advantages of an SLR is that you can change the lens on the camera.…This affords you a tremendous amount of flexibility and power because…you can select a focal length or focal- length range that's ideally suited to…your subject matter.…You can also attach specialized lenses, such as fish-eyes and tilt-shift lens and macros.…Attaching a lens to your camera is actually very easy.…First of all though, notice that there is a cover on the front of the camera.…This is very important.…Anytime I don't have a lens attached to my camera, I want to be sure that this…cover is on here because underneath this cover are the guts of the camera.…
They are directly exposed.…This is the mirror chamber.…Inside there is the image sensor.…If stuff gets on there, that can show up all my final image.…So I want to be sure that this is covered anytime I don't have a lens attached.…Similarly, if I have a lens that's not attached to a camera, I want to be sure…that this cover is on the end of the lens, because this is the end that goes into…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon Digital SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Understanding Exposure Control Options
8. Learning More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Controls
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Settings
15. Retouching Images
16. Taking Care of Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.