Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video The Assign Fn button, part of Nikon D7000 Essential Training.
One of the nice things about the D7000 is that the Function button on the front…of the camera as well as the Depth of Field Preview button on the front of the…camera are programmable, I can change what they do.…If I go here into the Controls section of my Custom Setting menu and down to…Assign Function button, I see that by default my Function button is assigned…to Flash Value lock.…But I've got this huge menu of other things I can set it to.…I can make it my Depth of Field Preview button or my Auto-Exposure Lock or a…combination of Auto-Exposure and Autofocus.…
I can have it be a metering button, I can have it change my image format or turn…Active D-Lighting on and off.…Basically there is just dozens of features here that I could choose to…program onto this button.…So if you're funding you don't use the Flash Value Lock feature very much or you…don't like the location of the Exposure Lock button or you need better access to…one of the functions that's listed here, try assigning it to the Fn button for a…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 11s
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Using the Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Modes
15. Using Custom Settings
16. Retouching Images
17. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.