We've explored how the Function button over here on the side of the camera lets…you toggle Self-Timer mode on and off,…but you can program it to do other things.…If you find you don't really need that functionality or if you are really…looking for quick access to a different function, you can go here into…the Controls section of the Custom Setting menu, to Assign…Self-Timer/Function button.…When I open this up, look at this,…I get this huge list of features. It scrolls on, and I can assign any of these to…that button, so I could change it to being control over Release mode or Image…quality or ISO or White balance.…
So look through this list and see if there is something that maybe you use…more than the Self-Timer, go ahead and assign it to the Function button, and…see how you like it.…If you find you are not using it, you can go ahead and set this back to…Self-Timer, which you may already be used to.…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon Digital SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Understanding Exposure Control Options
8. Learning More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Controls
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Settings
15. Retouching Images
16. Taking Care of Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.