Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video The Assign AE-L/AF-L button, part of Nikon D7000 Essential Training.
By default, the Auto-Exposure Lock button locks my exposure and focus when it's…pressed, but I can change that behavior.…Into the Controls section in my Custom Settings menu and down to number 5,…Assign AE-L/AF-L button.…Now you see I get a number of options here.…Here's my default behavior.…I can also tell it to be an exposure only lock button.…This means that this will lock exposure and I'm still getting focus lock off of…my shutter release or I can tell it to only lock focus and I will still have…exposure lock on my shutter release.…
Basically, this is allowing me to separate the functions.…I can also set it to AE lock (Hold).…When this is activated, the switch becomes a toggle.…I press it and exposure and focus remain locked until I press it a second time.…Now the metering timing out will also cancel exposure lock, but this lets me…turn it on and off within that time.…If I go back to that feature and tell it AF On, then this button will now start autofocus.…
The Shutter Release button can no longer be used for autofocus when this is…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 11s
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Using the Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Modes
15. Using Custom Settings
16. Retouching Images
17. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.