You've seen how you can press the AE lock button to lock exposure and focus…after you've focused and metered.…You can change the behavior of this button through a custom setting.…I'm going to go here into Controls, Assign AE-L/AF-L button.…If I go into here, I get a few different options.…My default behavior is that pressing this button locks exposure and autofocus.…If I come down to here though, I get the option to lock exposure only.…My shutter button will still lock focus, but now this button is locking exposure.…
So I have separated the function of those two buttons. Or I can do the opposite.…I can have this lock focus and now my shutter button will only lock exposure.…If I set AE lock (Hold) when I press this button, exposure will be locked, which…means I'm still controlling focus with my shutter button, but now it's in a hold mode.…It will stay locked until I press this button again or until the exposure times out.…So this basically gives me a toggle control over exposure.…And finally, AF-ON causes this button to start autofocus.…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon Digital SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Understanding Exposure Control Options
8. Learning More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Controls
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Settings
15. Retouching Images
16. Taking Care of Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.