The ratio of the width to height of your image is defined as its aspect ratio.…For example, your HD TV has a different aspect ratio than what your camera shoots.…With its 16:9 aspect ratio, your HD TV shoots a wider image than the 3:2 aspect…ratio of your camera.…If you have a point-and-shoot camera, it probably has an even narrower…aspect ratio of 4:3, which incidentally is the aspect ratio of standard…definition television.…When you're shooting JPEG images, you can choose something other than the…camera's native 3:2 aspect ratio.…
If you're in live view, the camera will show you guidelines for that…chosen aspect ratio.…So here I am in live view, and you can see I am in 3:2 mode.…You know that because the image is filling the entire screen, and this is a 3:2…aspect ratio screen.…I can go in here into the menu, and this fourth shooting menu is all live view…related options, and the fourth one down is Aspect ratio, and sure enough it's set to 3:2.…I am going to pop that open, and you can see I've got 4:3 which, again, is the…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Canon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 28s
6. Using Drive Mode and the Self-Timer
7. Using Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Functions
15. Using Custom Functions
16. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.