Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Applying image retouching, part of Nikon D7000 Essential Training.
You'll find Image Retouching Effects here in the Retouch menu that's the one…that looks like the little paintbrush, and when you select it, you get this long…scrolling list of effects that you can apply to your image.…These are all detailed in the D7000 manual, and applying them for the most part…is the same no matter what effect you choose.…For example, I'm going to convert a picture to monochrome, this is going to give…me a black and white image.…So I select that effect and the first thing I get is a couple of different options.…in addition to just straight Black-and- white, I can do a Sepia toning to make…the image look antique.…
I can do a Cyanotype which will give it a blue duotone like look.…I'm going to just go for straight Black -and-white, and when I get in here, it…gives me a batch of thumbnails of all the images on my card.…Now I just pick the one that I want to edit.…I'm going to go for this one right here and hit OK and it pulls me up a nice…full-screen view so I can see if I really like it.…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 11s
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Using the Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Modes
15. Using Custom Settings
16. Retouching Images
17. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.