Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Applying image retouching, part of Nikon D5100 Essential Training.
You will find your image-retouching options in the Retouch menu--that's the one…with the little paintbrush on it.…If you dial that up, you get this long scrolling list of possible retouchings.…You can look up what these do and see examples of them in the D7000 manual, or…you can just start playing with them. One thing you will find is that it doesn't…cost you anything because you never write over your original images.…Most of these options will have a set of controls of some kind. For example,…let's go in and apply a fisheye effect to an image.…Anytime I pick an effect, it then takes me to this menu where I can choose what…image I want to apply it to.…
So I am just going to pick that one by hitting the OK button.…Now I see that I am applying Fisheye.…I see that I can cancel by hitting the Play button, and now I've got a simple…control here, in this case for adding more or less fisheye distortion. And so…most of your image-retouching effects will have a control of some kind that…allow you to manipulate it.…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
Photography Foundations: Exposure (2010)with Ben Long3h 24m Appropriate for all
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon Digital SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Understanding Exposure Control Options
8. Learning More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Controls
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Settings
15. Retouching Images
16. Taking Care of Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.