In Program mode when you meter is scene by half-pressing the Shutter button the…camera calculates an appropriate shutter speed and aperture.…There will be times though when you know that you're going to want a lot of…control of aperture.…Maybe you are shooting portraits and you know that you want them all to have…shallow depth of field,…so you'll want to make certain that the camera is always using a wide aperture.…Or maybe you are shooting landscapes and you know that you want really deep…depth of field in all your shots,…so you want to make certain that you're always using a small aperture.…Or maybe you're street-shooting and as you're shooting different subject matter,…you're changing your mind about depth of field and so you want to be able to…easily change from a big aperture to a small aperture.…
In Aperture Priority mode, you can choose the aperture that you want and when…the camera meters, it will automatically pick a corresponding shutter speed that…will yield a correct exposure.…To switch to Aperture Priority mode, I just changed my mode dial to the A. I can…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon Digital SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Understanding Exposure Control Options
8. Learning More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Controls
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Settings
15. Retouching Images
16. Taking Care of Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.