Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjusting white balance manually, part of Nikon D7000 Essential Training.
As I've said for most shots that you take Auto White Balance will be the right choice.…But there will be times like this situation that we've got right here where auto…white balance is not going to work so well.…This is a mixed lighting situation.…Well I have white vase full of white flowers just sitting in a pool of tungsten…light, while my background is in daylight.…Watch what happens when I shoot with Auto White Balance.…This doesn't look bad, except that my vase doesn't really look white, Its a little warm.…The flowers are a little warm also.…they've got a slightly orangish tinge to them.…
Auto White Balance was not able to figure out the right white balance for this…mixed lighting situation.…So I'm going to go to a Manual White Balance.…I'm going to specifically tell it what white balance we need.…To white balance manually, I need a white reference in the frame that fills the…majority of the frame.…So I am going to have Josh, a member of our crew put a piece of white…cardboard or white foam core, you could just as easily use a white piece of…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 11s
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Using the Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Modes
15. Using Custom Settings
16. Retouching Images
17. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.