As I mentioned, for 80% to 90% of your shots, Auto White Balance is going to work great.…But if you're shooting people in shade and you want accurate flesh tones, or if…you're shooting something colorful in a room that's got mixed lighting, that is…different types of lights, say florescent and sunlight, then you could have some…color accuracy problems.…Take a look at this scene.…I've got a white vase with some white flowers in it.…I am going to take a shot of it right now;…I am set on Auto White Balance.…If you look, you see that I got pretty decent color, but the whites are a little…orange, they're a little reddish, they're a little warm.…
I would like to see this with more accurate color.…So I am going to do a Manual White Balance because, as I said, I am on Auto White…Balance and it's not getting my whites truly white.…So I am going to have Josh, a member of our crew, hold up a piece of white paper…in front of my scene.…I am going to zoom in on it to fill the frame with as much of that white paper…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Your Canon SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
Using white balance presets2m 28s
6. Using Drive Mode and the Self-Timer
7. Using Exposure Control Options
8. More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Styles
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Functions
15. Using Custom Functions
16. Caring for Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.