Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video AF-C priority selection, part of Nikon D5100 Essential Training.
We have already talked about continuous servo autofocus--that's the AF-C autofocus--…the focus mode that tries to track a moving object in your scene and keep it…in focus. And you've seen how in AF-C mode you cannot actually take a picture…until focus is locked.…If you like, you can go in here to the Autofocus custom setting menu and change…AF-C priority selection from Focus to Release.…This means that no matter what the camera is thinking, whether you've got focus…or not, you can still take a picture simply by pressing the shutter button.…
So you're going to risk getting some out-of-focus shots, but if it's absolutely…critical that you get the scene, whether it's in focus or not, while you're using…AF-C focus mode, then you may want to set this to Release.…
- What is an SLR?
- Attaching a lens to a camera
- Deciding how many batteries and media cards are needed
- Setting Auto mode
- Changing ISO
- Changing image format and size
- Manually selecting a focus point
- Correcting exposure while shooting
- Controlling white balance
- Using a driver and self-timer
- Auto exposure bracketing
- Selecting a picture style
- Using Live View
- Shooting video
- Using custom functions, such as ISO expansion and mirror lockup
- Cleaning the camera and sensor
Skill Level Beginner
Photography Foundations: Exposure (2010)with Ben Long3h 24m Appropriate for all
1. Getting to Know Your Nikon Digital SLR
2. Shooting in Auto Mode
3. Shooting in Program Mode
4. Controlling Autofocus
5. Controlling White Balance
6. Understanding Release Modes
7. Understanding Exposure Control Options
8. Learning More Playback Options
9. Shooting with Scene Modes
10. Shooting with Flash
11. Shooting with Picture Controls
12. Using Live View
13. Shooting Video
14. Customizing Menus and Settings
15. Retouching Images
16. Taking Care of Your Camera
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.