Learn how to use Cordova, Visual Studio, and TypeScript to develop mobile applications that target all market segments.
- [Sahil] Hi, my name is Sahil Malik, and I've been writing mobile applications for the past many years. Gone are the days where shipping an application meant writing a Windows EXE. These days, to target any market segment, you need to target web, mobile, desktop simultaneously. This creates an enormous challenge for us, but we've found a way to solve this challenge, and that's web-based technology. And Cordova allows you to use web-based technologies to write real native applications that you can even submit to app stores using your existing web-based skills.
In this course, I will show you how to set up your development environment to use Cordova both on Mac and Windows and both for Android and iOS, and then I'll show you how you can write multi-platform applications using Cordova, how you can tap into native functionality using plug-ins. Specifically I'll use the example of context, but really you can do anything. And then I'll also end up by showing you how to integrate Typescribe and Webpack effectively in code of our applications. I hope you enjoy watching this course.
- Setting up your environment
- Adding the browser platform
- Adding and debugging the Android and iOS platforms
- Interacting with Native using plugins
- Why use plugins?
- Using TypeScript with Cordova
- Converting your code to TypeScript