Join Joseph Labrecque for an in-depth discussion in this video The final product, part of HTML5 Game Development with Phaser.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Throughout this course, we'll be building a simple game in which the user attempts to defend a group of cuddly bunnies from the onslaught of space rocks raining down upon them by clicking on the screen to generate a burst of explosive energy. This project is a great introduction to phaser game architecture and the use of common gaming principles. Let's have a look at the game. So that's what we'll be building in this course.
Let's get going.
- Downloading the Phaser framework
- Creating your first Phaser project
- Building the preloader and menu states
- Creating and spawning entities
- Working with particles and emitters
- Detecting and handling collisions
- Detecting "game over"
- Adding sound effects and text
- Preparing for mobile deployment
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting Up Phaser
2. Configuring Loaders and States
3. Populating the World
5. Wrapping Things Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.