- View Offline
(slow electronic piano music) - [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Joseph Labrecque, and welcome to HTML5 Game Development with Phaser. In this course, we're going to use the Phaser game development framework to build out a cross-platform game. Phaser is a fun, free, and fast 2-D game framework for making HTML5 games for desktop and mobile web browsers, supporting Canvas and WebGL rendering. We'll start with an overview of how to gather assets, including the Phaser game development framework, how to generate image and sprite sheet game assets with Flash Professional CC, and acquiring text and audio files.
We'll then configure a new game project, using the Brackets Editor, using the Phaser state system with full Bootstrapping and preloaders. We then go about building up our game entities and functionality, using Phaser sprites, groups, animations, tweens, emitters, physics, and more, wrapping it all up with the integration of player feedback and sound integration. We've got a lot to build, so let's start doing Game Development with Phaser.
- Downloading the Phaser framework
- Creating your first Phaser project
- Building the preloader and menu states
- Creating and spawning entities
- Working with particles and emitters
- Detecting and handling collisions
- Detecting "game over"
- Adding sound effects and text
- Preparing for mobile deployment