Join Joseph Labrecque for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of HTML5 Game Development with Phaser.
- View Offline
The exercise files for this course are separated into individual folders by movie. You can either follow along from the beginning, which I recommend, or you can jump in at any particular movie. For instance, if I wanted to jump in to 02_05, I can open that up and find my code snippets right here. If I want to actually jump to that point in the project, I can grab this Bunny Defender project folder and simply drag it into Brackets itself.
This now makes it the active project. And I'm able to continue on from that point. Once you have your project files organized, you're ready to follow along.
- Downloading the Phaser framework
- Creating your first Phaser project
- Building the preloader and menu states
- Creating and spawning entities
- Working with particles and emitters
- Detecting and handling collisions
- Detecting "game over"
- Adding sound effects and text
- Preparing for mobile deployment