Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Sending invoices, part of PayPal Essential Training.
- Many companies extend credit to their customers,…and you may be one of them.…This is called direct billing.…Preparing and sending an invoice involves…the same steps you'd normally follow for generating a sale.…Add items to the transaction or enter the charges manually.…Since attorneys often bill their clients,…we'll go ahead and add 2 1/5 hours of legal services…and then tap Charge.…Select the invoice option and enter the email…and the name of the customer.…Notice this blue plus symbol here.…
If you tap it, it means that you can draw directly…from a contact within your device.…My customer's already in my contacts…and to speed up the process, I'll select her.…Go ahead and manually key in the data…if they aren't in your contacts.…If you plan on billing this person routinely,…it's wise to add them to your contacts as well.…Most direct billing involves terms.…In other words, the customer has a set number…of days within which they can pay you.…
You can require immediate payment or if you tap here,…you can require immediate payment or provide terms…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
The course then covers making payments, sending invoices, setting up payment buttons, running reports, and refunding payments with PayPal. It also shows how to use the PayPal Mobile app as well as the PayPal Here credit card reader for face-to-face purchases and as a point-of-sale system for retailers. Lastly, Christopher Matthew explores PayPal shipping as well as tips for avoiding transaction disputes and accepting donations for nonprofits.
- Setting up an account
- Understanding PayPal protection for buyers and sellers
- Sending money
- Sending payments
- Requesting money
- Connecting PayPal to ecommerce sites
- Searching transactions
- Adding and withdrawing funds
- Using PayPal Mobile
- Using PayPal Here's point-of-sale solution with a card reader
- Shipping packages through the post office and UPS with PayPal
- Avoiding transaction disputes
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Paying with PayPal
3. Getting Paid and Working with Payment Data
4. Account Management
5. Using PayPal Mobile
6. Using PayPal Here
7. Shipping Packages with PayPal
Preparing shipping labels8m 24s
PayPal for nonprofits2m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.