Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Requesting money, part of PayPal Essential Training.
- I'm gonna request a payment from someone…using the PayPal mobile app.…Be sure you're signed in,…and then go ahead and tap Transfer,…at the bottom of the screen.…The default on this particular screen…is going to be send funds,…and be careful here,…be sure you actually tap Request.…You can go ahead and enter a number…or an email address for the person,…from whom you're requesting money,…and then the amount and an optional message.…Now, a quick and helpful tip,…if you're sending or requesting regular payments,…set up a contact in your phone,…and then just type in the name…when sending or requesting money…to speed up this process.…
So, I'm gonna go ahead…and request money from Lauren.…She's in my phonebook.…Then, I'll put in an amount.…You have this option here,…which says right now,…USD, which stands for US dollars.…You can request money in any one…of the currencies supported by PayPal.…Then, there's a handy calculator.…Since Lauren and I are splitting a dinner tab,…and I covered it for her,…I'm gonna go ahead and enter the total amount…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
The course then covers making payments, sending invoices, setting up payment buttons, running reports, and refunding payments with PayPal. It also shows how to use the PayPal Mobile app as well as the PayPal Here credit card reader for face-to-face purchases and as a point-of-sale system for retailers. Lastly, Christopher Matthew explores PayPal shipping as well as tips for avoiding transaction disputes and accepting donations for nonprofits.
- Setting up an account
- Understanding PayPal protection for buyers and sellers
- Sending money
- Sending payments
- Requesting money
- Connecting PayPal to ecommerce sites
- Searching transactions
- Adding and withdrawing funds
- Using PayPal Mobile
- Using PayPal Here's point-of-sale solution with a card reader
- Shipping packages through the post office and UPS with PayPal
- Avoiding transaction disputes
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Paying with PayPal
3. Getting Paid and Working with Payment Data
4. Account Management
5. Using PayPal Mobile
6. Using PayPal Here
7. Shipping Packages with PayPal
Preparing shipping labels8m 24s
PayPal for nonprofits2m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.