Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Requesting money, part of PayPal Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] When you'd like to get paid with PayPal,…you can ask someone to pay you through the PayPal system…by clicking on the Request Money link.…This signals to the other person that you'd like to get…paid through PayPal.…I'll show you the simple process of using this feature.…The first step is to click on the Request Money link,…which you'll find under the Tools section of the homepage.…Now here you can go ahead and type in the recipient's…email address.…Now if you've sent a request to this person before,…they'll appear in this dropdown menu and you can simply…select their email address from here.…
If you're requesting amounts from multiple people,…you can enter each email separated by a comma…or by pressing the enter key.…Then go ahead and enter the dollar amount…that you'd like them to pay you…and you can enter in one of many different currencies.…In this case, I'm using US dollars,…but be sure you indicate the type of currency that you want.…Select if the payment request is for goods or services…and then click Continue.…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
The course then covers making payments, sending invoices, setting up payment buttons, running reports, and refunding payments with PayPal. It also shows how to use the PayPal Mobile app as well as the PayPal Here credit card reader for face-to-face purchases and as a point-of-sale system for retailers. Lastly, Christopher Matthew explores PayPal shipping as well as tips for avoiding transaction disputes and accepting donations for nonprofits.
- Setting up an account
- Understanding PayPal protection for buyers and sellers
- Sending money
- Sending payments
- Requesting money
- Connecting PayPal to ecommerce sites
- Searching transactions
- Adding and withdrawing funds
- Using PayPal Mobile
- Using PayPal Here's point-of-sale solution with a card reader
- Shipping packages through the post office and UPS with PayPal
- Avoiding transaction disputes
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Paying with PayPal
3. Getting Paid and Working with Payment Data
4. Account Management
5. Using PayPal Mobile
6. Using PayPal Here
7. Shipping Packages with PayPal
Preparing shipping labels8m 24s
PayPal for nonprofits2m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.