Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Paying family and friends, part of PayPal Essential Training.
- It makes sense to me that PayPal should be compensated…on business transactions because accepting payments…for my business activities requires a merchant account.…That involves bank fees to receive…credit and debit card payments.…I don't want to have to pay a fee though…when I'm sending money to friends and family.…And I also don't want them…to have to pay a fee either, of course.…Merchants receiving payment for goods or services always…pay a fee for receiving funds when the sender…indicates it was for goods or services rendered.…There are times when I want to send someone money…and I really don't feel PayPal deserves a fee…for repaying a private loan or sending a payment…to someone I know for something of a personal nature.…
Fortunately, PayPal recognizes…that a personal transfer should be free.…They do not charge either party if they're located…in the same country and if the payment is funded…using a PayPal balance or a bank account.…I'm gonna walk you through a couple of scenarios…and I'll show you how this works.…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
The course then covers making payments, sending invoices, setting up payment buttons, running reports, and refunding payments with PayPal. It also shows how to use the PayPal Mobile app as well as the PayPal Here credit card reader for face-to-face purchases and as a point-of-sale system for retailers. Lastly, Christopher Matthew explores PayPal shipping as well as tips for avoiding transaction disputes and accepting donations for nonprofits.
- Setting up an account
- Understanding PayPal protection for buyers and sellers
- Sending money
- Sending payments
- Requesting money
- Connecting PayPal to ecommerce sites
- Searching transactions
- Adding and withdrawing funds
- Using PayPal Mobile
- Using PayPal Here's point-of-sale solution with a card reader
- Shipping packages through the post office and UPS with PayPal
- Avoiding transaction disputes
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Paying with PayPal
3. Getting Paid and Working with Payment Data
4. Account Management
5. Using PayPal Mobile
6. Using PayPal Here
7. Shipping Packages with PayPal
Preparing shipping labels8m 24s
PayPal for nonprofits2m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.