Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Overview of the Chip Card Reader, part of PayPal Essential Training.
- View Offline
- I'd like to share some information…about PayPal's innovative chip card reader,…which is an optional way for you to accept…more types of payments using PayPal Here.…The chip card reader is designed to accept…payments in face-to-face transactions with your customers.…Both, the mobile card reader, and chip card reader,…accept magnetic cards.…However, the chip card reader adds two more forms of payment…which are, contactless payments,…like the widely used Apple Pay,…as well as chip cards.…
Chip cards and the chip card reader…work together to protect face-to-face payments.…A unique one time code is generated behind the scenes,…that is needed for the transaction to be approved.…A feature that is virtually impossible to replicate…in a counterfeit card.…As a merchant, you're substantially protected…from chargebacks.…Because the mobile card reader plugs into the headphone jack…of your device, and if that device is a phone,…it will interfere with your ability to handle calls.…While a card reader isn't required to use PayPal Here,…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
The course then covers making payments, sending invoices, setting up payment buttons, running reports, and refunding payments with PayPal. It also shows how to use the PayPal Mobile app as well as the PayPal Here credit card reader for face-to-face purchases and as a point-of-sale system for retailers. Lastly, Christopher Matthew explores PayPal shipping as well as tips for avoiding transaction disputes and accepting donations for nonprofits.
- Setting up an account
- Understanding PayPal protection for buyers and sellers
- Sending money
- Sending payments
- Requesting money
- Connecting PayPal to ecommerce sites
- Searching transactions
- Adding and withdrawing funds
- Using PayPal Mobile
- Using PayPal Here's point-of-sale solution with a card reader
- Shipping packages through the post office and UPS with PayPal
- Avoiding transaction disputes
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Paying with PayPal
3. Getting Paid and Working with Payment Data
4. Account Management
5. Using PayPal Mobile
6. Using PayPal Here
7. Shipping Packages with PayPal
Preparing shipping labels8m 24s
PayPal for nonprofits2m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.