Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Mobile payments, part of PayPal Essential Training.
- View Offline
- There's a segment of the population…that prefers to keep their card…or checking information very confidential.…Even paying with a card at a merchant store…reveals card information.…Paying by check opens up the door…for the potential of a rare case of fraud.…For those individuals who prefer it…the PayPal Mobile app allows a customer…to enter your business establishment…or meet you in person…and pay without revealing their financial details to you.…So you've got a customer, he comes to your coffee shop…and he buys a cup of coffee with some vanilla syrup.…
You tap on charge.…And in this case you tap on the Paypal Check-In.…You'll see a list of customers who have authorized you…to charge their PayPal account,…and Danny has walked in…and he's authorized you to use his PayPal funds.…So I tap on Danny.…I go ahead and confirm the charge by tapping on Confirm.…Then I tap No Receipt and I tap New Sale.…Tap the three bars on the top left…and then I'll tap Sales Activity.…You can see the transaction right here.…
And you can see it was paid with the PayPal Mobile app.…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
The course then covers making payments, sending invoices, setting up payment buttons, running reports, and refunding payments with PayPal. It also shows how to use the PayPal Mobile app as well as the PayPal Here credit card reader for face-to-face purchases and as a point-of-sale system for retailers. Lastly, Christopher Matthew explores PayPal shipping as well as tips for avoiding transaction disputes and accepting donations for nonprofits.
- Setting up an account
- Understanding PayPal protection for buyers and sellers
- Sending money
- Sending payments
- Requesting money
- Connecting PayPal to ecommerce sites
- Searching transactions
- Adding and withdrawing funds
- Using PayPal Mobile
- Using PayPal Here's point-of-sale solution with a card reader
- Shipping packages through the post office and UPS with PayPal
- Avoiding transaction disputes
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Paying with PayPal
3. Getting Paid and Working with Payment Data
4. Account Management
5. Using PayPal Mobile
6. Using PayPal Here
7. Shipping Packages with PayPal
Preparing shipping labels8m 24s
PayPal for nonprofits2m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.