Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing notifications, part of PayPal Essential Training.
- In business, email is a necessary evil.…We're constantly being added to unwanted email lists…by friends, which becomes awkward,…or business associates, which becomes political,…and even spammers, which becomes annoying.…I prefer to manage my PayPal notifications…so that I'm in control of the email I want to receive,…and adjusting these preferences is easy.…Visit your profile,…and under My settings,…you'll see the section called Notifications.…
And click on Update.…Critical policy updates and account changes…come with mandatory email notifications,…which you approved when you read and agreed…to the PayPal user agreement.…You can't turn them off.…This includes changes to PayPal's products and services,…policy changes, plus critical changes to your account.…Unauthorized account activity can quickly be identified…in the rare event of an account takeover,…because PayPal requires you to be notified…about changes to your profile or your financial data.…
Also, like many websites, PayPal sells advertising,…and you can't opt out of those ads, unfortunately.…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
The course then covers making payments, sending invoices, setting up payment buttons, running reports, and refunding payments with PayPal. It also shows how to use the PayPal Mobile app as well as the PayPal Here credit card reader for face-to-face purchases and as a point-of-sale system for retailers. Lastly, Christopher Matthew explores PayPal shipping as well as tips for avoiding transaction disputes and accepting donations for nonprofits.
- Setting up an account
- Understanding PayPal protection for buyers and sellers
- Sending money
- Sending payments
- Requesting money
- Connecting PayPal to ecommerce sites
- Searching transactions
- Adding and withdrawing funds
- Using PayPal Mobile
- Using PayPal Here's point-of-sale solution with a card reader
- Shipping packages through the post office and UPS with PayPal
- Avoiding transaction disputes
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Paying with PayPal
3. Getting Paid and Working with Payment Data
4. Account Management
5. Using PayPal Mobile
6. Using PayPal Here
7. Shipping Packages with PayPal
Preparing shipping labels8m 24s
PayPal for nonprofits2m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.