Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Identifying spoofs and scams, part of PayPal Essential Training.
- You want your PayPal experiences to be successful…and I wanna take you through some online safety tips…and provide you with some insights on how you can…protect yourself from any possibility of…being taken advantage of online.…Check to make sure your anti-virus…and your anti-spyware are up to date.…One of the most common ways passwords are stolen…is through computer infections.…Scan your computer at least every week.…Be aware of spoof emails and websites pretending to be…someone legitimate such as PayPal, eBay,…or even your bank or credit card company.…
Typically, scammers are very clever and convincing…and might send you an email asking you to verify…some personal information with the clever trick…of trying to suggest that there's something wrong…with your account or that you need to re-verify your info.…Never click on a link in an email…or an unfamiliar website that asks you to log in.…The U.S. government provides great tips at…onguardonline.gov.…Here are some suggestions:…Complete all your transactions directly on PayPal.…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
The course then covers making payments, sending invoices, setting up payment buttons, running reports, and refunding payments with PayPal. It also shows how to use the PayPal Mobile app as well as the PayPal Here credit card reader for face-to-face purchases and as a point-of-sale system for retailers. Lastly, Christopher Matthew explores PayPal shipping as well as tips for avoiding transaction disputes and accepting donations for nonprofits.
- Setting up an account
- Understanding PayPal protection for buyers and sellers
- Sending money
- Sending payments
- Requesting money
- Connecting PayPal to ecommerce sites
- Searching transactions
- Adding and withdrawing funds
- Using PayPal Mobile
- Using PayPal Here's point-of-sale solution with a card reader
- Shipping packages through the post office and UPS with PayPal
- Avoiding transaction disputes
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Paying with PayPal
3. Getting Paid and Working with Payment Data
4. Account Management
5. Using PayPal Mobile
6. Using PayPal Here
7. Shipping Packages with PayPal
Preparing shipping labels8m 24s
PayPal for nonprofits2m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.