Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video How to Use the PayPal Chip Card Reader, part of PayPal Essential Training.
- Let's process three types of payments…using the chip card reader.…To accept magnetic cards, power up the chip card reader…and then open up the PayPal Here app on your mobile device.…Be sure the reader's display says, Ready to accept payments.…Start your sale by adding items or keying in the amount owed…just as I've covered earlier in this chapter.…Then tap charge.…The reader is ready to accept the card.…Swipe the card with the magnetic stripe facing away…from you and when prompted, have the customer sign.…
To accept chip cards, start your sale, tap charge,…and insert the customer's card.…When prompted, have them sign,…and then remove the card.…Contactless payments like Apple pay transactions…are very simple too.…After preparing the sale, tap the charge button…on PayPal here and the reader will activate…your customer's mobile wallet automatically…based on the proximity of their device…to the chip card reader.…
The customer then approves the payment…with their fingerprint using Touch ID…or with their PIN number.…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
The course then covers making payments, sending invoices, setting up payment buttons, running reports, and refunding payments with PayPal. It also shows how to use the PayPal Mobile app as well as the PayPal Here credit card reader for face-to-face purchases and as a point-of-sale system for retailers. Lastly, Christopher Matthew explores PayPal shipping as well as tips for avoiding transaction disputes and accepting donations for nonprofits.
- Setting up an account
- Understanding PayPal protection for buyers and sellers
- Sending money
- Sending payments
- Requesting money
- Connecting PayPal to ecommerce sites
- Searching transactions
- Adding and withdrawing funds
- Using PayPal Mobile
- Using PayPal Here's point-of-sale solution with a card reader
- Shipping packages through the post office and UPS with PayPal
- Avoiding transaction disputes
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Paying with PayPal
3. Getting Paid and Working with Payment Data
4. Account Management
5. Using PayPal Mobile
6. Using PayPal Here
7. Shipping Packages with PayPal
Preparing shipping labels8m 24s
PayPal for nonprofits2m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.