Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Accepting cards, part of PayPal Essential Training.
- Once you receive the package containing…the PayPal Here Card Reader,…you'll be ready to accept debit and credit cards.…You don't need the reader in order to use PayPal Here…but I'll explain why you should avoid…manually keying in cards.…With physically swiped transactions,…the chances the card is stolen goes down dramatically,…and you'll be asking for ID…so stolen cards would be super rare events.…For the lower risk, PayPal Here would charge…2.7% per swiped transaction…and there's no transaction fee.…
With keyed transactions,…you'll be charged 3.5% + $0.15 per transaction.…While this doesn't sound like a big deal,…a small business doing a hundred thousand dollars…annually in sales…will be charged an extra $800.…So there's a strong incentive to slide cards.…For phone, fax or mail-order transactions,…you'll need to key in the information,…and it's important that you consider the additional fees…as part of the cost of doing business…and set your prices accordingly.…Let's assume you haven't received the card reader…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
The course then covers making payments, sending invoices, setting up payment buttons, running reports, and refunding payments with PayPal. It also shows how to use the PayPal Mobile app as well as the PayPal Here credit card reader for face-to-face purchases and as a point-of-sale system for retailers. Lastly, Christopher Matthew explores PayPal shipping as well as tips for avoiding transaction disputes and accepting donations for nonprofits.
- Setting up an account
- Understanding PayPal protection for buyers and sellers
- Sending money
- Sending payments
- Requesting money
- Connecting PayPal to ecommerce sites
- Searching transactions
- Adding and withdrawing funds
- Using PayPal Mobile
- Using PayPal Here's point-of-sale solution with a card reader
- Shipping packages through the post office and UPS with PayPal
- Avoiding transaction disputes
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Paying with PayPal
3. Getting Paid and Working with Payment Data
4. Account Management
5. Using PayPal Mobile
6. Using PayPal Here
7. Shipping Packages with PayPal
Preparing shipping labels8m 24s
PayPal for nonprofits2m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.