Join John Derry for an in-depth discussion in this video The tool palette and property bar, part of Painter 2017 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Painter's tool palette…and property bar are essentially two…sides of the same coin.…The tool palette enables quick selection of key functions.…The property bar reflects the current…tool selection by providing extended…control over the selected tool.…Let's take a look at Painter's approach…to this functionality access.…On the left side, we have the tool palette,…and in the tool palette are all of…the primary divisions of Painter's functionality,…so that if you're going to work with…a took like text, for example, you'll see…that up here where the property bar exists,…this has changed to reflect the fact…that it's now in the text tool.…
This allows me to do things like I'd…want to probably do when I'm working with text,…like change the font, for example,…or maybe I want to change the point size…or the alignment, but all of these…become available once you select…the text tool itself.…Let's try another tool.…I'll go up to the brush tool, and notice…when I click on this, this once again…changes because now it's reflecting…
- Working with a pen tablet
- Installing custom content
- Navigating the Painter interface
- Customizing your work environment
- Working with the temporal color palette
- Identifying safety nets
- Resetting brush properties
- Troubleshooting when a brush won't paint
- Drawing with Painter
- Working with bristle, special, and hard media
Skill Level Intermediate
Painting with Particle Brushes in Painterwith John Derry49m 24s Beginner
1. Painting on a Computer
2. Navigating Painter’s Interface
3. Customizing Your Work Environment
5. Safety Nets and Troubleshooting
6. Drawing with Painter's Media
Next steps1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.