Join John Derry for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with workspaces, part of Painter 2017 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Workspaces are the master container…for fully organizing your workflow.…Everything is preserved in a saved workspace,…brush customization, preferences, layout,…custom palettes, and keyboard shortcuts.…Not only are workspaces an excellent means…of saving your own preferred working environment…and content setup,…they can be used to provide other users…with an exact mirror of a specific setup,…which is big plus for classroom situations,…and you can always switch back to the default workspace.…
Let's take a look at this.…Start up here at the Window menu,…and we'll find Workspace,…and we'll see we've got some commands here…that we'll talk about a little bit later.…But you see right here,…we've got two workspaces currently,…we're in the Lynda Painter 2017 Essential Training workspace…which is part of the Exercise Files…that you're getting with this course,…and we've also got the Default,…so let's switch back to that.…And so here we are,…and this is just a very simple layout of Painter,…it's kind of plain vanilla,…
- Working with a pen tablet
- Installing custom content
- Navigating the Painter interface
- Customizing your work environment
- Working with the temporal color palette
- Identifying safety nets
- Resetting brush properties
- Troubleshooting when a brush won't paint
- Drawing with Painter
- Working with bristle, special, and hard media
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/29/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover new features in Painter 2018.
1. Painting on a Computer
2. Navigating Painter’s Interface
3. Customizing Your Work Environment
5. Safety Nets and Troubleshooting
6. Drawing with Painter's Media
7. New Features in Painter 2018
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.