Join John Derry for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with color sets, part of Painter 2017 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Color sets provide the tools for organizing…and storing colors you want to reuse on different occasions.…You can create color sets from an image, a selection,…a layer, or a mixer pad.…This is great for creating a library of color sets…from a wide variety of sources.…And you'll find color sets in my particular layout here…in the Colors and Layers and if you just go one step…over to Color Set Libraries, here we are.…This is the default library that shows up…and there are some things you can do with this.…
I'm just going to go over a few of the mechanics of this.…For example, we can alter the scale of how these look.…If I go in here I can change the size of these.…Let's go to Small just so you can see.…So you can see here, I could really compact how small…this area is but you're also now making the target…to hit these much smaller as well.…And so some people I know like that,…other people don't like it.…So it just depends on what you want to do in terms…of how you view these.…
You could even go Large, or in this case,…
- Working with a pen tablet
- Installing custom content
- Navigating the Painter interface
- Customizing your work environment
- Working with the temporal color palette
- Identifying safety nets
- Resetting brush properties
- Troubleshooting when a brush won't paint
- Drawing with Painter
- Working with bristle, special, and hard media
Skill Level Intermediate
Painter: Painting with Particle Brusheswith John Derry49m 24s Beginner
1. Painting on a Computer
2. Navigating Painter’s Interface
3. Customizing Your Work Environment
5. Safety Nets and Troubleshooting
6. Drawing with Painter's Media
Next steps1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.