Join John Derry for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with the Brush Selector bar, part of Painter 2017 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Within Painter's brush selector…is an entire art store of expressive mark making tools.…This is most likely Painter's single most used palette.…This selector has several customization features…for personalized brush organization.…Let's take a look.…So right up here in the upper left corner…beneath the menu bar is this tiny little palette…called the Brush Selector and you wouldn't think…that this tiny little palette can have so much in it,…but if we open it up, we'll see…that it's loaded with a lot of stuff…and I'm going to first talk about these two lists.…
The list on the left side is called the category list…and categories are basically just…collections of like minded brushes.…For example, in this air brush category,…you'll see that there are several variations on an air brush…like a pepper spray, or a fine spray,…as opposed to a coarse spray,…so each one of these behaviors are different…for each of these and basically over time…you'll probably try them out so you'll know…what the fine spray actually does…
- Working with a pen tablet
- Installing custom content
- Navigating the Painter interface
- Customizing your work environment
- Working with the temporal color palette
- Identifying safety nets
- Resetting brush properties
- Troubleshooting when a brush won't paint
- Drawing with Painter
- Working with bristle, special, and hard media
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/29/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover new features in Painter 2018.
1. Painting on a Computer
2. Navigating Painter’s Interface
3. Customizing Your Work Environment
5. Safety Nets and Troubleshooting
6. Drawing with Painter's Media
7. New Features in Painter 2018
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.